Apply Before June 15, 2021
Transamerica, Adobe's current provider of long-term care insurance will be ceasing sales of new policies effective June 30, 2021. If you currently have this coverage please be aware of the following:
- Guaranteed renewable – coverage remains in force as long as premiums are paid
- Individually-owned – this is not group insurance, you own your policy
- Portable – your coverage remains with you after you leave employment
If you have not obtained long-term care insurance and would like to, you have until June 15, 2021 to submit an application for coverage.
Employees, spouses, and extended family members*, may apply for this benefit at any time before June 15, 2021 with full underwriting.
* Eligible extended family members include parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, grandparents-in-law, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins and adult children.
Qualifying for long term care insurance is based on your current health situation, so now may be the best time to get this coverage.
What are the advantages of this program?
Your Long-Term Care Insurance benefits include:
- Comprehensive coverage in your home, your community or facilities
- All plans are fully portable – coverage continues when you move or change jobs
- Tax-qualified, tax-free Federal benefits and State tax incentives (varies by State)
- No gender-based pricing, so female applicants do not pay higher premiums
* This policy has exclusions, limitations and terms under which benefits may be continued, in-force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your insurance agent.
Care Support Online available at no cost to you. In addition, even if you do not apply for Long-Term Care Insurance, all employees and eligible family members will have access to Care Support Online providing a wide range of assessment tools to assist you in understanding your situation and determining possible best next steps.
- Free care advocacy to those in caregiving crisis
- Free care resources to those seeking caregiving and planning information and
- Free care planning to those preparing for their future care needs
Eligible employees, their spouse / domestic partner, and other family members who are approved for and purchase long-term care insurance through ACSIA Partners are eligible for discounted premiums. The premium amount varies depending on your age and the options you choose.
When am I eligible to receive benefits?
You are eligible to receive benefits under your policy when a licensed health-care practitioner submits a plan of care that certifies:
- You are chronically ill meaning you require assistance performing at least two of the six activities of daily living for a period expected to last at least 90 consecutive days or
- You need continual supervision due to a severe cognitive impairment
- Recommended services are included under your policy
Don’t miss this opportunity to protect yourself and your family!